Only words with 2 or more characters are accepted
Max 200 chars total
Space is used to split words, "" can be used to search for a whole string (not indexed search then)
AND, OR and NOT are prefix words, overruling the default operator
+/|/- equals AND, OR and NOT as operators.
All search words are converted to lowercase.
- Search by using words of no less than 2 letters, but no more than 200 (including spaces).
- If you are searching for a phrase, place inverted commas around it.
- All search words are converted to lowercase.
- Use the following for Boolean searches:
& for AND
+ for OR
- for NOT
What are Boolean commands?
These are commands which allow you to combine search terms to broaden or limit your search. The terms supported include AND, OR and NOT.
- AND combines two or more keywords, limiting your search, for example:
Peacocks AND Paradise will produce results containing both these search terms, e.g. Peacocks in Paradise.
- OR will produce results with either search term in the title, broadening your search, for example:
Peacocks OR Paradise will produce results including Peacocks in Paradise and Paradise Lost.
- NOT will exclude a term from your search, making your search more specific, for example:
Milton, John NOT Paradise Lost will produce a list of works by Milton not including Paradise Lost.